Well, would you look at that. It’s 2021!
As we crack open our fresh new planners and calendars, our bodies start to crave new, healthy beginnings too. Embark on your 2021 journey with a strong immune system. The foods you eat and the nutrients they contain play an important role in the strength of your immunity.
Did you know? There are a variety of micronutrients important for supporting a healthy immune system that are found in mushrooms. Here are a few:
- Helps your body make special proteins called antioxidant enzymes that play a role in preventing cell damage.1
- Mushrooms are an excellent source of selenium.
- Four crimini mushrooms provide 38% of your Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA).2
- Helps build and maintain strong bones by helping the body absorb calcium.3
- Mushrooms exposed to UV light are an excellent source of vitamin D.
- Five medium mushrooms, exposed to UV light provide 118% RDA.2
- Helps convert food into usable energy and assists in the formation of neurotransmitters, red blood cells, proteins and DNA.4
- Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin B6.
- Four whole shiitake mushrooms provide 13% RDA.2
Get These Nutrients On Your Plate
Add mushrooms and the key nutrients they contain to your next meal with these delicious blended recipes.
Blended Potato Lasagna Bowl With Pesto Ricotta
With roasted mushrooms, lean ground beef, three different cheeses and delicious marinara all in one dish, you know you’re in for an incredible umami experience. Plus, this recipe can be prepped in just 15 minutes.
Blended Sausage and Mushroom Frittata With Potatoes and Goat Cheese
Frittata is such a great, protein-packed breakfast that’s super easy to make. Add a mushroom-sausage blend, potatoes and goat cheese to the mix and you’ve got yourself one hearty start to the day.
Turkey & Mushroom BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Quick? Check. Hearty? Check. Tasty? Check. These tender sweet potatoes are stuffed with a blend of lean ground turkey and chopped white button mushrooms that’s mixed in barbecue sauce for a balance of flavors that’s simply irresistible.
Feeling inspired? Find even more blended recipes here!