What would you say if we told you chopped mushrooms blend so seamlessly with meat you can’t even tell they’re there? It may sound like we’re trying to pull a spooky season magic trick but there’s no punchline here! Just delicious treats.
Even picky eaters who claim they don’t like mushrooms (Can you imagine? Us either.) love dishes made with #TheBlend™. Once cooked, you can hardly tell what’s meat and what’s mushroom. Plus, the delicious umami taste of mushrooms adds a whole other level of deep, meaty flavor.
Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself! Here are some especially sneaky recipes:
- Mexican Lasagna: Easy to make, delicious to enjoy and ideal for storing and reheating, this dish is a favorite for busy families.
- Chili Loaded Baked Potatoes: Perfect for cool, crisp nights, these hearty baked potatoes will warm you up from the inside out.
- Cheesy Beef Skillet: When you don’t have much time to cook but still want to get a good family meal on the table, this recipe is a great go-to.
- Blended Burgers: #TheBlend was born in this classic recipe where fresh, chopped mushrooms and ground beef are packed into a tender, juicy patty between two perfectly toasted buns. If you haven’t tried making these yet, you must!
Why blend? Besides being a really cool kitchen hack, there are many reasons to blend:
- Flavor: A study published in the Journal of Food Science found that blending can double the flavor impact. Plus, chopped mushrooms help hold a burger’s juiciness for a whole lot of YUM!
- Nutrition: Adding mushrooms to your meals means you’re adding their nutritional benefits. Mushrooms are fat free, cholesterol free, low in sodium, low in calories and packed with important nutrients like the antioxidant selenium.
- Cost-Savings: When you add chopped mushrooms to your ground meat mixture, you also add volume, extending portion sizes and making your meals go further.
Enjoy more blended treats this fall with these family friendly recipes.