If there’s one thing we can count on every February, it’s the football game of all football games kicking off the month. But we’ve got our minds on a different type of bowl: ones filled with yummy, nutritious ingredients to fuel your day and satisfy your taste buds.
These creative bowl recipes will take you on a global adventure with flavors from around the world. Plus, The Blend™ is used in each and every one to elevate their taste and nutrition.
- Mushroom, Beef and Brown Rice Taco Bowls: The spices and flavors you love in tacos are cooked conveniently in a slow cooker and served with all your favorite toppings piled on. Now that’s a weeknight winner everyone will be excited to dig into.
- Blended Mushroom and Bison Shawarma Bowls: Explore new ingredients and Middle Eastern flavors with this vibrant bowl filled with bulghur, a perfectly seasoned beef-mushroom blend, sauteed chickpeas and fresh tomatoes with a yogurt tahini sauce drizzled on top.
- Korean Rice Bowls With Turkey and Mushrooms: Also known as bibimbap, Korean rice bowls are a popular tradition. This flexible dish combines rice, vegetables and meat. In our version that means a turkey-mushroom blend, sesame spinach, carrots, cucumbers and fried eggs.
- Rice-Noodle Bowl With Blended Meatballs: If you like to play with fun flavors, this recipe is for you. From blended pork-mushroom meatballs, to roasted peanuts, fried shallots, basil, mint and more, this bowl has it all.
- Blended Asian Beef Bowl With Cucumber Carrot Salad: Take a break from takeout and enjoy the Asian flavors of this satisfying bowl. Anchored by a hearty beef-mushroom blend, served over jasmine rice and garnished with a cucumber carrot salad, this is a recipe you’ll keep coming back to.
“I’m a blenditarian because it makes dishes more delicious – mushrooms deliver rich, meaty flavor, thanks to their umami. And, by blending mushrooms into crumbled meat, we’re focusing on nutrient-dense, flavorful and sustainable ingredients, whilst saving money.”
Recipe Photo Contest: Healthy Hacks Using The Blend
Show us the “healthy hacks” you use on your favorite recipes!
The Blend is an easy way to add a serving of veggies to your plate while still enjoying your favorite meat dishes. When you swap a portion of your meat for chopped mushrooms, you can cut fat and calories but still maintain the meaty flavor that you love.
Enter to Win: Share a picture of your “healthy hacks” blended recipe with us for a chance to win a cooking-themed prize package.
- Make a blended recipe OR make your own blended dish that fits the Q1 theme “Healthy Hacks.”
- Share a photo of the recipe on Instagram using #TheBlendChallenge. Profile(s) must be public to be eligible.
- Tag @MushroomCouncil in recipe photo or post copy.
Dish must incorporate the use of finely chopped, fresh mushrooms and ground meat to be considered. Explore blended recipes here.