Welcome to 2020, blenditarians! A lot lies ahead of us this year: the dawn of a brand new decade, a leap year, the summer Olympics and, most exciting (especially for our taste buds), the Year of The Blend™.
The Trend is to Blend
Blending chopped mushrooms with meat makes meals more nutritious, delicious and sustainable and people are taking notice, pegging The Blend as a top food trend for 2020.
- Food trendsetter Whole Foods included The Blend in their 2020 top ten food trends, citing the James Beard Foundation’s annual Blended Burger Project™ as a “movement that strives to make the iconic burger ‘better for customers and for the planet.’”
- “Families are ready for more veggies and less meat — and welcome the savings,” according according to Food Network’s 2020 Food Trend forecast, listing blended burgers as a food trend we’ll be talking about in 2020.
- Women’s Health Magazine spotlights “adding plants to real meats” in its list of ’10 Best Healthy Food Trends Coming In 2020, According To Nutritionists.’
- Livestrong sees The Blend as a “true winner for most peoples’ taste buds” and ranked it #2 in their top 8 food trends for 2020.
- According to Forbes, The Blend is giving meat-eating Americans more flexibility with their diet, allowing them to participate in the plant-forward movement without sacrificing the meat products they love to eat.
Along with making trends lists, The Blend is also moving onto grocery lists. You can now find convenient pre-made blended burger patties in the frozen meat case at grocery stores. Look for these brands in your local freezer aisle!
- Phillips Gourmet Beef & Mushroom Blended Burger
- Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Blend Burger™ (People Food Awards Winner!)
- Teton™ Waters Ranch Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Burger Blend
Make 2020 the year you join the trend or renew your pledge to blend. Here’s to a year of health, wealth and happiness. Here’s to the Year of The Blend!
Joy Green | IG: @joyfullygreen
“My picky eaters are not easy to please but adding mushrooms to our meat dishes is toddler AND husband tried and true!”