The holidays are coming, which means days filled with good food, festive parties and family traditions are on the way. Make this holiday season an unforgettable one by starting a new tradition or two with The Blend.
The Blend is a great way to take timeless, classic dishes and preserve their nostalgia while boosting flavor, adding nutrition and extending portion sizes. Why not shake things up and add this tasty twist to your holiday festivities this year?
Here are a few tradition-tweaking ideas:
- Start your celebration at breakfast with a special morning dish like a hearty hash or batch of baked frittata muffins.
- Enhance your Thanksgiving spread with blended versions of turkey day classics like this sausage and mushroom stuffing.
- Dazzle guests at your holiday dinner party with a creative appetizer like stuffed acorn squash drizzled with brown sage butter.
- Make easy-to-grab blended pork and mushroom hand pies to speed up the buffet line at family gatherings.
- Swap a been-there-done-that side dish for this irresistible Blended Tater Tot Casserole.
Jenn Hallak | IG: @theoverwhelmedmommy
“I am a #blenditarian because I want Ava to have the best life and the happiest life I can give her. I am a Blenditarian for myself + for my babies.”
November Recipe Challenge: Sausage & Mushroom Stuffing
Update a classic tradition with The Blend. Make this stuffing recipe or any meat/mushroom blended recipe to enter to win a $50 grocery gift card. Show off your blending skills by posting your November blended recipes to social media with the hashtag #blenditarian. Winners announced around the 25th of each month.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The “Blenditarian Monthly Recipe Challenge” is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states/D.C. who are at least 18. Void outside the 50 U.S. states/D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law. Enter during 11 monthly contest periods from 2/1/19 through 12/20/19. Subject to Official Rules available here. Sponsor: Mushroom Council, Redwood Shores, CA, 94065.