There’s something about crisp air, crunchy leaves and shorter days that make us crave warm, filling comfort foods. Their simplicity, nostalgia and foolproof flavor know just how to hit the spot this time of year, so how could you possibly make them any better?
The Blend, of course!
Blending chopped mushrooms with ground meat in your favorite fall recipes adds a serving of vegetables and important nutrients while extending portion sizes and stretching your dollar. Don’t take our word for it, though. Try it yourself!
We paired our favorite fall activities with a few of our best blended recipes to get you started:
- Tailgating on a cool fall day is 10 times better when cupping a bowl of this warm Slow Cooker Chili.
- Need a dish to pass at the soccer team’s potluck this weekend? Blended Tater Tot Casserole is always a winning crowd pleaser.
- Refuel after an afternoon of raking leaves with the satisfying flavors of this hearty Mexican Mushroom Meatball Soup.
- This blended Shepherd’s Pie makes a great post-pumpkin-patch meal the whole family will enjoy.
- Prepare your little trick or treaters for a night on the neighborhood with a hearty meal like these blended Sloppy Joes on Halloween.
Faith Gorsky | IG: @anediblemosaic
“I am not one to need convincing to eat mushrooms, but if you are, know that they add nutrients like vitamin D, B vitamins, antioxidants, and potassium. And adding mushrooms is a great way to make meals a little more environmentally-friendly because mushrooms require minimal growing space and water, and are ready to harvest in just a matter of days.”
October Recipe Challenge: 50/50 Blended Tacos
For tailgates, busy nights or any ordinary Tuesday, blended tacos are the answer. Make this recipe or any meat/mushroom blended recipe to enter to win a $50 grocery gift card. Show off your blending skills by posting your October blended recipes to social media with the hashtag #blenditarian. Winners announced around the 25th of each month.