The James Beard Foundation Blended Burger Project™ is back for its 5th year
Are you a chef? Do you know a chef? Read on!
The Blended Burger Project™ is a movement that strives to make burgers better by blending ground meat with finely chopped mushrooms, creating an incredibly delicious patty that is healthier for your guests and more sustainable for the planet.
Chefs, this is your opportunity to make a difference, win a trip to cook at the historic James Beard House and put $5,000 in your pocket.*
Join the movement:
1. Create your burger by blending at least 25% finely chopped, cultivated mushrooms into your burger patty. Learn more about The Blend at blenditarian.com/at-restaurants.
2. Complete the registration form at jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject.
3. Upload a photo and description (in 50 words or less) of your blended burger to jamesbeard.wyng.com/BBPupload.
4. Merchandise your burger to your customers and attract new guests who want a better burger. It’s a great chance to create a point of difference and have your customers buzzing over this on-trend burger.
5. Ask everyone to cast their vote for your blended burger at jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject/vote.
NEW THIS YEAR: $5,000 CASH PRIZE
The 25 chefs with the most votes in the online gallery will be judged by a panel of culinary experts chosen by the James Beard Foundation. In honor of the Blended Burger Project’s 5th year, the top 5 winners will each win $5,000 in addition to being invited to cook at the historic James Beard House!*
The competition begins May 27. May the best burgers win!
*See Official Contest Rules at www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerpproject for details including eligibility, judging criteria and voting requirements. Ends on July 31, 2019.